After finally getting tired of the tools laying in different spots I decided it was high time to make a tool holder. I searched several books for a design and finally found something that I could alter to meet my needs. The case is made of cherry, walnut and birch plywood. My intention was to make the case and back very light so that the walnut would stand out more. When I came back from the store with my Danish oil I realized that I picked up the "cherry" stain one instead of the natural oil. Oh well.
First two shots are the casing under construction.
And my bad example of a dovetailed joint. Yes, I learned something here.
Now the completed version.
Tools nicely packed away.
Little close-up of the walnut base and top.
There's a little more room for expansion but not much.
Now I should really make something on my lathe.